While the whole world got (and is still) crazy about Twitter, I feel a bit slow. Bloggers are recommended to be active on Twitter: connecting, communicating, socializing and getting involved on Twitter to maximize the exposure to readership. I think I am way too behind it because frankly Twitter is such a mess for me. You know, too much is too much!!! The abundant stream of information and tweets becomes overwhelming to me. I don't know where and how to check if somebody mentions me in their tweet. And if I tweet about somebody I have no clue how the conversation is going, if they tweet back to me or not. Argg that's why I was not so active on Twitter.
But it's now the time for me to make a step towards it because I can't just stay behind for good. I did a little bit research to find a tool to help me with that. And hooray, I found HootSuite! Here is while I fall in love with it:
1. I can manage different social networks all in one, including Twitter, Facebook, GooglePlus, Linkedin and more.
2. HootSuite is web-based. It doesn't soak up a bunch of time for processing on the hard drive.
3. A great tool to schedule my tweets/feeds so I can reach readers from any timezone without sitting in front of the computer all day.
4. I can follow the new feeds, sent tweets, scheduled tweets, mentioned tweets all in one page.
5. It's quick to sign up (no email confirmation) and quick to use (took me a couple of minutes to figure out how to use). Easy peasy!
There are still many pros about Hootsuite that you should figure it out yourself. So far I've just used it for Tweeter but probably I will need it for other social networks soon.